Mesothelioma is an extremely lethal, though rare, form of cancer that is caused by exposure to toxic natural occurring mineral called asbestos. People who have been employed in jobs where they unknowingly inhaled asbestos dust or particles are most at risk. Since the 1920’s, companies who have been using, processing or mining asbestos have been aware of the hazards; but they continued to go on with their business without even ensuring safety for their workers. This is why most of the ill workers are now approaching mesothelioma lawyers in order to file for compensation claims.
Should you have someone in your family have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, or has died due to mesothelioma, you have the right to get compensation through a mesothelioma compensation claim which can be filed by mesothelioma lawyers.
In order to get the compensation you deserve, you need to find experienced mesothelioma lawyers. With the increasing number of people diagnosed with the cancer every year, the number of mesothelioma lawyers who have been involved in getting compensation for the victims have also grown exponentially. To find the best mesothelioma lawyers for you and your family, you must choose mesothelioma lawyers that have the skill and experience to effectively represent your interests. There are 10 questions that you can ask the lawyer.
1. Will I be eligible to file a mesothelioma compensation claim? There are many states that have a time limit or statute limitations so it is critical to get mesothelioma lawyers as soon as possible.
2. Would you be able to handle my compensation claim as a class action lawsuit or on an individual basis? There are larger groups of mesothelioma lawyers or law firms may already have existing settlement agreements with asbestos companies and these may preclude them from handling your claim.
3. Do you have experience in handling mesothelioma compensation claims and how was it? How many claims have you successfully handled?
4. How many of the claims that you have filed are settled? How many of them went to court? What was the outcome of each case?
5. How many other mesothelioma lawyers work with you on mesothelioma cases? What kind of resources and support staff are available for you while researching my claim?
6. Will you handle my case personally? There are many mesothelioma lawyers that outsource their research to a different law firm, while getting a part of their fee. This practice may not be in your best interest.
7. What will be the fees involved? Many mesothelioma lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means that they get a percentage of the compensation awarded. If the case in unsuccessful, the lawyers will not get anything.
8. What may I expect from my mesothelioma lawsuit? You need to find out the process of preparation and trial procedures. Find out your role in each stage of the process.
9. How long will the research take? What documents or information would be required from me, my family and my physician?10. Where will my case be tried? The average compensation differs from region to region.